Thursday, February 18, 2010

Q & A - Starting A Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010
from a question at formspring.me - franciehorton

What made you decide to start your blog and how has it evolved into what it is today? I am thinking of starting my own, but feel like I am all over the map and can't find my "focus" area. Thanks in advance! I love reading your blog!

Oh, wow. If you read backwards you'll see that mine was all over the place as well. And in the very beginning, it was just images. Fortunately when you first start not that many people are watching/reading and you have time and space to find your groove. And just when I think I have a good groove going it never fails that something will come along and knock me off my tracks. LOL

The important thing is to choose something you love because you are going to get tired of writing about it otherwise. :D And some days it may still feel like like pulling teeth. And invite people you trust to read it while it's in its infancy. Ask for their advice as far as how it looks, how your writing sounds, etc.

A book I recommend is Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey. It has info, not only on starting a blog, but on the different services available, basic HTML, and lots of lovely creative blogs to visit for ideas.


And let it evolve. It may be that what you think you want to write about isn't it at all. :)

1 comments:

Sarah P. said...

Thank you so much for this post! I actually bought the book this weekend and can't wait to get it in...As always, thank you!