Tuesday, May 5, 2009

oops, I fell off the wagon already!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Well well well. Look who already missed a day of blogging? Do I have an excuse from my doctor? Nope. A note from my mom? Nope. Just plum forgot. Start over again. Rinse. Repeat.

Today I took my 12 year old to get his shots. I got a letter from the school a couple days ago saying Texas has moved the vaccination dates up from the 15 year mark to all 7th graders must have them to start school this coming year. Figured we'd beat the rush and get them now. We ended up waiting from 9 am to 11:30 am. I wrote an article query, did the lettering on two journal pages, read a magazine cover to cover, and still had 30 minutes to twiddle my thumbs. But I have an enormous amount of patience when it comes to waiting rooms because every couple weeks I take my grandmother to her doctor appointments and to get her hair and nails done. So I was okay with it. I felt sorry for the five or six mothers with babies and toddlers. I had a nice quiet 12 year old while they spent 2 1/2 hours chasing, holding, wiping noses, breaking up fights, etc. Glad that's over with.

I did my pages for Aimee's journal prompt about lists in the journal group. I'll scan and post them tomorrow. Tried something different with them and I really liked it.

And for supper it was homemade pizzas! Yay!

Can't have a post without a photo so here's a little sketch I did awhile back that I'd like to turn into a painting.

0 comments: